ACAO – Calcinate del Pesce (VA) – April 16-22, 2023
The exceptional nature of the weather conditions, the flying area (alpine and foothills), the facilities at Adele and Giorgio Orsi Airport, and the organizational capabilities of ACAO are now well known to gliding pilots around the World. Spring flights of high sporting value taking off from the ACAO are uncountable. These include a number of European records, numerous Italian distance and speed records, all FAI badges up to the 1,250 km diploma, numerous flights of over 1,000 km, including the first 1,000 km in declared FAI triangle with takeoff from Italy, up to flights of over 1,600 km.
In order to enable all glider pilots to try their hand at sport flying (badges, distance, speed and records), ACAO is again this year making its airport available with its means and staff, organizing the 15th SAP (High Performance Stage).
SAP is dedicated to those who want to:
- Broaden one’s knowledge of the Alpine flight area and increase the pace;
- Train for participation in speed and/or distance races;
- achieve new badges or sports diplomas and, why not, new records;
- Gaining new meaningful flying experience by comparing themselves with experienced pilots;
- simply devote one of the most meteorologically promising weeks in the Alps to flying toghether with like-minded friends in a very well-equipped and organized Club.
Costs and how to participate
The SAP participation fee consists of a glider fee of €190.00 and a pilot fee of €90.00. Acao members and riders who are under 26 years old receive a 50% discount on these fees. Discounts can be combined: therefore, for Acao riders under 26 years of age, participation is free. The current ACAO price list (published on acao.it) will be applied for the cost of tows and must be paid by the end of the flight week.
Online registration is already open and payment of the registration fee must be settled with the ACAO secretariat(firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, March 31 (by bank transfer or directly to the secretariat). Full presentation and instructions (not available in english) for participants in the links to the right.